Friday, January 29, 2010
Surviving Mentally After a Layoff
• Write a list of your goals for the year.
• Make yourself more valuable now and in the future by taking courses or learning new material from the internet and library.
• Keep up with social marketing and blogs in your industry.
• Start exercising regularly
• Read a best seller and keep current with the news so you have something to talk about that isn’t focused on you.
• Build an attractive resume website.
• Call old contacts and tell them about your plans.
• If starting a business find a mentor. Explain your goals and ask them if they will help you define them. Start with SBA’s Score.
• Have lunch with someone new
• Improve your speaking skills by joining Toast Masters
• Develop an elevator speech and go to several networking activities a month
• Earn income as an adjunct teacher through a college or adult education program.
• Develop outside income through freelancing or by teaching a skill.
• Search for a job boards through Google and post your resume
Posted by McJobNews at 4:00 PM